Jane Austen Evening 2017



This is one of my favorite events of the year.  Everyone always looks dressed to the nines, the music and dancing are wonderful and the company is the best.

This year some friends decided to skip the tea at the event and go to the Huntington Gardens for tea instead.  The tea room at the Huntington is under new management and I'm sorry to say they still have some kinks to be worked out.  But the food was good and we had fun.

And it was all worth it because when we came out it was the "golden hour."  You know, that time of day when everything looks like a Maxfield Parrish painting?  We got some amazing photos at the gardens as a result.  Take a look and see for yourself!









We were all so giddy with the golden light  we hastened back to change for the ball in high spirits.
I hadn't managed to get to any of the dance lessons this year but remembered enough of that dances that I made my way through 4 easy ones without injury or falling on my face.







 I can't wait until next year!


Comments

  1. Glorious golden light, indeed! I know just what you mean; that perfect turn of the afternoon always lifts my spirits. Gorgeous setting for costumed pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked so beautiful! I love the red spencer with the white gown, it looks so fresh and not pastel-ly regency...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures indeed! I believe in acting circles that time of day is known as "Magic Hour," and you're right about the quality of light. The ball looks like it was a lot of fun, too. I love an evening spent in good company and lots of pretty dresses to look at. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment